Hope you had an awesome Halloween (scroll down for a photo of my costume!) and also that you like my slightly better photos today. I'm really pushing to get my blog looking better by the end of the year - that means cleaner photography and a possible design re-jig. What do you think?
Anyway, here's my favourite products, and what I've been using most often for the month of October.
2. No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream for Dry/Very Dry Skin in Fair (£12.95) - I know this is on the expensive end of drugstore BB creams but I literally have not touched another base product all month. Applied after moisturiser, it has the perfect coverage with a lightweight feel and adds just the right amount of glow to my face. My original review is here.
3. Percy & Reed Volumising Mousse (£12 for full-size)* - This was in my Cosmo Blog Awards goody bag (and expect a post on it soon) but I've been loving it this month. I'd always been wary of mousses for the crunchy effect I'd seen, but this is light, feels like nothing in your hair, but adds bounce and volume to my hair.
4. E.L.F Studio Lash Extending Mascara (£3.75) - I know, I've raved about this quite a lot recently so I'll be quick. Lengthens, separates and feels weightless, with no smudging. Holds a curl, and I'm in love. My original review is here.
5. Bourjois Blush in Rose Ambre (£7.49) - This is another product I rave about all the time, but it's because it's worth it. I love the silky, velvety texture, the wash of colour it gives and the natural flush I get when it's on. I really want to get more Bourjois blushes, any recommendations?
6. Lancome Eyeshadow in Cuban Brown - I hesitated to include this because I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued and it is my favourite taupe shade ever. The consistency is creamy and smooth and long-lasting, and it is one of a select few shadows I will wear alone on the lid. My original review is here.
7. MAC Lipstick in Russian Red (£14)* - A perfect winter red, matte and bold and classic. It's a little drying but I really do love the colour - everyone who reads my blog will know I love my matte reds by now! My original thoughts on this are here.
8. Topshop Lipstick in Beguiled (£8) - Swatched, this almost looks like a cross between my other two favourites this month. A purse friendly lipstick, this is a deep plummy wine colour with a lovely finish that isn't too opaque but not too sheer either. This has been my go to pat on lipstick for subtler days as well. Original thoughts here.
9. Rimmel x Kate Moss Lipstick in 04 (£5.49) - A fairly recent addition to my lipstick collection, and one with which I instantaneously fell in love. It might look a little scary, but I love the deep blackened aubergine colour, the finish and the price. It's so unusual to see a colour like this from the highstreet and I'm impressed. Lip swatches and my review can be found here.
10. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eyeliner in Perversion (£13 for full size) - As I said in my recent review, I think I may have found my HG black eyeliner. Creamy, easily appliable, very pigmented and impossible to remove, this ticks several black eyeliner boxes. Review here.
|L-R: Urban Decay Perversion; Bourjois Rose Ambre; Lancome Cuban Brown; MAC Russian Red; Topshop Beguiled; Rimmel x Kate Moss 04.|
And finally, after that long post, here are my boyfriend and I, posing in our costumes and black and white film stars. I think he looks very handsome! Do you like our costumes?