Friday, 21 September 2012

Topshop Lipstick in Beguiled: Swatch and Review

Hello everyone!
Another lipstick today - I know! But I couldn't resist showing you this one. It's completely transformed my opinion on Topshop lipsticks and made me think that perhaps I went off Brighton Rock (although I initially, ill advisedly, loved it) because it simply doesn't suit me and is a matte, so is very dry. This shade, Beguiled (£8) is gorgeous and brilliant.



This colour isn't matte or completely opaque; it's a slightly more sheer, gently glossy finish with a barely detectable hint of shimmer. I hate frosty lipsticks, so this is just the right amount of shimmer for me. The colour is a warm, wine red with a hint of deep pink that is very pigmented, but sheer and glossy enough to not be a 'statement lip'.  I think this is a perfect autumn red - it's a very autumnal colour and is nowhere near as drying as the Topshop lipstick I tried in the past.
I love this colour - have any of you used Topshop lipsticks? Any recommendations?

14 comments:

  1. I love the sheerness of it, it makes it look like a rich stain

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally right - it does look like a stain. I love it :D
      S xx

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous colour! This is so perfect for Autumn, I need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should treat yourself to it :D
      S xx

      Delete
  3. I've been waiting to purchase a Topshop lipstick and I think I've finally found a shade I actually want. It's lovely and suits you well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad you like it. Thanks very much :)
      S xx

      Delete
  4. love the colour pay off ! x
    thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of my favourite Topshop lipstick ever - Vamp. It was a beautiful deep berry colour that was so dark when layered up it was almost black in some lights. Its discontinued now though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked up Vamp and it. is. gorgeous. I wish I had it!!
      S xx

      Delete
  6. I bought this yesterday and still haven't tried it!x

    http://luxenoirbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh wait until you do, it's lovely!
      S xx

      Delete
  7. I love this lipstick, you have to take care applying it but most dark lipsticks are like that. The best thing about it by far is how you can layer it to be as light or as dark as you want, so really it's a couple of lipsticks in one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally right, this is really buildable and you can wear it sheer or very dark.
      S xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...