I hope you are enjoying my first (terrible) nail posts of the 15 Day Challenge. Try not to laugh too much at how bad a grown woman can be at painting her nails!
Anyway, a little late; here's my July Favourites.
|Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow Birthday Suit; Real Techniques Blush Brush; Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Crush; MAC Blush Pink Swoon; Sephora Bronzing Powder Light|
|Top to bottom: MAC Blush Pink Swoon; Sephora Bronzing Powder Light; Benefit Creasless Cream Shadow Birthday Suit; Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Crush|
So, not a huge amount of favourites this month - my makeup has been pretty on-the-go with my new job having a few early starts!
1. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit (£14): Here's my original post on this. This has popped up in my favourites a few times, so suffice to say it's an easy-to-apply, flattering neutral golden bronze that stays put all day. Effortless.
2. Real Techniques Blush Brush (£9.99): Here's my original post on this. I'd been using this as a blush brush for ages, but this month I've mostly been using it with my other favourite, the Sephora Bronzer, and I think it works far better as a bronzing brush. It distributes enough colour over the cheekbones, temples and nose, without densely packing it on. It's perhaps to large and fluffy for a blush brush (unless you are using super pigmented blushes) but it works perfectly for adding a hint of bronze.
Any blush brush recommendations?
3. Sephora Bronzing Powder in Light (13,50€): Here's my original post on this. I got this in Paris, and can only find it on the French Sephora website, which is a bummer. Although I can't purchase anything from the US website either! Anyway, you get such a huge pan of product this is sure to last me a while. I don't claim to be an expert in bronzers as I usually embrace the pale, but this summer I've managed to acquire a tiny bit of colour, and also I've been favouring the natural, less-makeup look. This means that a BB cream, sweep on cream eyeshadow, touch of bronzer, brow pencil and mascara are what I've been wearing most days.
In my original post I didn't like this too much, but I was attempting to use it as a contour! As a bronzer it's light, non-muddy and brings a warmth to the face. Great for pale girls with yellow tones like myself.
4. MAC Blush in Pink Swoon (£17.50): Here's my original post on this. After dusting on my bronzer, I will sometimes sweep a little blush on the apples of my cheeks and down my nose, to add a natural flush. To keep this from looking like sunburn, I use a sheer blush like Pink Swoon sparingly, and this colour has been great. It's a lovely clear, neutral pink.
5. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush (£5.99 on offer in Boots): Here's my very recent post on these balm stains. You may remember then that I said Crush was my favourite, and that has not changed. These are lovely balms; long-lasting, pigmented, they fade evenly and don't dry out my lips. I've been using this one rather a lot.
What are your favourites this month?