Saturday, 16 June 2012

MUA Undressed Palette Swatch and Review

Hey everyone!
When I saw the MUA were coming out with the Undressed Palette (£4.00), I immediately wanted to have it. It's a very cheap competitor for the Urban Decay Naked Palette, and since I wasn't about to shell out £36 on a palette when I wasn't sure if the colours would flatter my skin tone or not, I though this would be a purse-friendly way to test it out. That said, I think I'll probably leave the Naked Palette alone now, given the quality of this!
Of course I'm not saying that the shadow or packaging quality is the same - and I don't have the Naked Palette for comparison, anyway. But I've always loved MUA's shadows and this palette doesn't disappoint.


The shades don't have names, but are numbered from left to right, top to bottom, as shades 1-12.
Shades 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Shades 5, 6, 7, and 8.
Shades 9, 10, 11 and 12.



Left to right, top to bottom: Shades 1 -12.

These colours are all amazing. If you want to see how they compare to the shades in the Urban Decay Naked Palette, you can see that comparison on the MUA Facebook page. I'd say it was an incredibly close match.
Most of the shades were pigmented, creamy and blendable. The only ares of (mild) disappointment were in Shade 6, which had quite a bit of fallout and was a little less powerfully pigmented than the others; and the two matte shades, 3 and 5, which were incredibly creamy and had a great finish but weren't as pigmented as I'd hoped. That said, they make a great natural blending colour and work for a soft, subtle nude look.
I'm really impressed with the quality of this palette, especially for the low price of £4. I probably won't get the Naked Palette now, as £36 seems excessive for a near replica of something I already have.

What do you think? Have you tried this yet, or are you happy with the Naked Palette?

ALSO: IF YOU ARE AN IRISH READER; enter my Miinto.ie giveaway here!

16 comments:

  1. My local Superdrug doesn't do any of the MUA palettes, only the single eyeshadows (and it has a pretty poor selection of those too!) which is pretty annoying as they seem such amazing value! I have some of the single eyeshadows which appear the same as the ones in the palette though - shades 1, 4, 7, and 8. I wear shade 7 the most I think, often brushing a little under my bottom lashes for a little subtle daytime glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My local Superdrug doesn't do them either - I bought this online on the MUA website and it came super fast! I don't think it's available in Superdrug yet anyway. I love the single shadows - have you tried Shade 12? It's amazing!
      S xx

      Delete
  2. I own the Naked palettes and I really like them both.
    I love neutrals color so I would still buy this if MUA was available in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure they ship to Italy on the website!
      S xx

      Delete
    2. They do but they really often ship the wrong products!

      Delete
    3. That's rubbish! Sorry to hear it :(
      S xx

      Delete
  3. Ah I'm so confused now! I was just about to buy the urban decay naked palette before seeing this post on your twitter, and now I'm not so sure! Maybe its fate that I saw your post before buying it? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I didn't meant to confuse you! I hope you're able to make a decision!
      S xx

      Delete
  4. this looks so good for the price. I dont have the urban decay one either. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a bargain!
      S xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, the shades do look very similar! I have the Naked palette and I can definitely see similarities. I think for the price (and looking at the pigmentation and texture from the swatches), it's a must-have purchase for those that want the Naked palette but aren't willing to shell out for it. I wish MUA were available where I live, I've heard some really positive things about their eyeshadows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - now I know that someone who actually owns the Naked palette thinks they are similar! :) Fab - glad I know I can avoid picking up the Naked palette now as it is so expensive! It is such a shame you can't get MUA - it's really good quality for the price tag!
      S xx

      Delete
  6. Great post! I love your blog^^

    blogg♥mfashionfreak
    giveaway♥mfashionfreak

    I'd love to follow you if you could do the same for me <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your swatches are amazing!!!! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...