Monday, 7 May 2012

Yves Rocher Elixir 7.9 Youth Intensifier Review

Hey everyone!
I have a review for you today! I recently was super lucky to receive a couple of bits from the French skincare company Yves Rocher, and having used both for over a week, I thought I'd show you what I got and share my thoughts.
The first thing I'll show you is the Yves Rocher Elixir 7.9 Youth Intensifier* (£35), a serum free of parabens that is to be used with your daily skincare routine, before moisturiser, and claims to smooth wrinkles, refine the texture of your skin, protect your skin, boost it's radiance and make it firmer and more glowy.


Obviously, I'm 21 and anti-aging products aren't exactly top of my agenda. However, I was looking for a good gel or serum to help out with the dry, tight skin on my forehead. I'd been thinking about the Estee Lauder serum, but now that I've tried this, I'm not sure I'll bother.
This cream comes in a little jar with a pipette lid. Mine had a clicky button at the top because it was a half-size bottle, normal ones come with a squeezable top. One click per use should be enough, said the instructions.
I used this every day, morning and night, after my cleanser and toner but before my moisturiser. I did not use it all over my face - I used it on my tight T-zone and around the sides of my nose, where my skin is most dry.
This is rather thick, unlike some other serums I've seen, but it sinks into the skin straight away. I suffered no irritation at all, and I have incredibly sensitive skin. It doesn't smell very strong, but it has a slightly astringent scent.
Whilst this is not a 'miracle' cream  and I have not tried other serums for comparison (although I have no wrinkles to test it on) I did feel an improvement on my dry skin - the skin around my nose has stopped flaking entirely, and on my forehead I I see a definite improvement. Once a week I switch this with my Liz Earle Super Skin Concentrate, but I will continue to use this as it seems to hydrate my dry skin.
I found that primer and foundation application was a little better after using this - my foundation clung less to my dry areas throughout the day.

Have you ever used a serum or hydrating gel? Which do you use?
S xx

*Product provided for consideration for review. This does not change my opinion - I will always be 100% honest when reviewing a product on this blog.

14 comments:

  1. Great review. I am currently using the Vitamin E Moisture Serum from The Body Shop. It works amazing on dry skin.

    http://alltheseimaginarylifes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Awesome - I'll have to check it out :)
      S xx

      Delete
  2. I've never tried a serum or hydrating gel but this sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I been concidering to get it, with the intend of hydrate my skin but I been a bit unsure about it (since as 24, wrinkles isnt my concern either lol). I think ill give it a go next time im getting a haul from Yves Rocher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might as well give it a try! :) But yes I agree, I always avoid anti-aging products, but I guess you can never start too soon :P
      S xx

      Delete
    2. Haha true, I got a friend who used anti-age since she was 20. I ordered the mini one, I hope its as effective on me! (got those nose dry flakes to)

      Delete
  4. Nice review :) they always say you're never too young to start using anti aging products! I'm 20 and it's not on the top of my list either, but it probably won't hurt using products like this to prevent future aging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's totally true, I think so too :)
      S xx

      Delete
  5. Can you buy yves rocher in uk, ivenever seen it around.... In Italy, they have flagstores and I used to go and buy tons of make up too. They always had the prettiest colours. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have an online store - yves-rocher.co.uk. I'm not sure if they are sold in any shops but it wouldn't hurt to check! I think they are more widely available in Europe - I'd love to try some of their makeup too!
      S xx

      Delete
  6. Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
    It's on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Superb choice of colors!
    Feel free to visit my web blog :: http://paleopaxstore.Com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really inspired together with your writing abilities as well as with the structure in your weblog. Is this a paid subject or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the nice high quality writing, it is uncommon to see a nice blog like this one today..
    Also see my page > dayz cheats

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...